By Albert M. Cook,Janice Miller Polgar
It’s the following: the newest version of the single textual content you must grasp assistive options, make convinced scientific judgements, and aid enhance the standard of lifestyles for individuals with disabilities. in accordance with the Human job Assistive expertise (HAAT) version, Assistive applied sciences: rules and perform, 4th Edition presents special insurance of the extensive diversity of units, companies, and practices that contain assistive expertise, and makes a speciality of the connection among the human person and the assisted job inside of particular contexts. up to date and multiplied, this re-creation positive aspects assurance of recent moral concerns, extra particular purposes of the HAAT version, and various international concerns highlighting know-how functions and repair supply in constructing countries.
- Human task Assistive know-how (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive expertise inside of universal, daily contexts for extra suitable application.
- Focus on medical program guides you in making use of ideas to real-world situations.
- Review questions and bankruptcy summaries in each one bankruptcy assist you examine your figuring out and establish components the place extra research is needed.
- Content at the effect of AT on youngsters and the position of AT in play and schooling for kids with disabilities demonstrates how AT can be utilized for early intervention and to augment improvement.
- Coverage of adjusting AT wishes throughout the lifespan emphasizes how AT suits into people’s lives and contributes to their complete participation in society.
- Principles and perform of assistive technology presents the basis for powerful decision-making.
- NEW! international concerns content broadens the point of interest of software past North the US to incorporate expertise functions and repair supply in constructing countries.
- NEW! moral matters and occupational justice content exposes you to very important details as you begin interacting with clients.
- NEW! extra case studies additional in the course of the textual content foster an knowing of ways assistive applied sciences are used and the way they function.
- NEW! up to date content material reflects present expertise and is helping hold you current.
- NEW! specific purposes of the HAAT version in all the chapters on particular applied sciences and extra emphasis at the interactions one of the parts make content material even more uncomplicated to appreciate.
Read or Download Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice PDF
Best allied health professions books
In interpreting the social and mental facets of epilepsy, the writer takes not just the views of people and their households, but additionally renowned conceptions of the illness. the result's an illuminating account of the social truth of epilepsy that demonstrates the distinct contribution that the social sciences can play in figuring out disorder.
Social paintings perform within the twenty-first century is constantly altering. modern practitioners paintings in advanced components and feature to take action quick and safely. this article is helping certified social employees, in addition to these approximately to qualify, to construct on their preliminary reports so one can strengthen professionally.
After canoeing 230 miles down the Yukon River, the writer awakened speechless. A stroke had taken her phrases. with no phrases, the writer discovered to talk, learn and write back after an aphasic stroke. In a clean method of speech remedy, she pressured her broken mind to do what could not come certainly.
An entire consultant to each element of interventional nephrology—an crucial textual content for college kids, citizens, fellows, and clinicians This well timed source examines all suitable facets of interventional nephrology, from the historical past of nephrology to the rules governing the most recent vascular entry options.
- Cerebral Autoregulation: Control of Blood Flow in the Brain (SpringerBriefs in Bioengineering)
- Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Heilkunde (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Ocular Therapeutics Handbook: A Clinical Manual
- Step-Up to Emergency Medicine (Step-Up Series)
- Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic Radiology
- Not Just Talking (Speechmark Practical Therapy Resource)
Additional resources for Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice
Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice by Albert M. Cook,Janice Miller Polgar