By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and certainly one of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining cutting edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, historic texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social reports and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) on the subject of neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the classification of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
During this amazing e-book, in line with a hundred and fifty in-depth interviews, Lori B. Girshick, a sociologist and social justice activist, brings jointly the voices of intercourse- and gender-diverse those that communicate with absolute candor approximately their lives. Girshick offers transpeople conversing of their personal voices approximately identification, popping out, passing, sexual orientation, dating negotiations and the dynamics of charm, homophobia (including internalized fears), and bullying.
This seductive sourcebook of infrequent visible delights from pre-Nazi, Cabaret-period “Babylon at the Spree” has the excellence of being praised either by way of students and avatars of up to date tradition, inspiring hip membership goers, filmmakers, homosexual historians, photo designers, and musicians just like the Dresden Dolls and Marilyn Manson.
Intercourse and gender in biomedicine are leading edge examine options of theoretical and scientific drugs that let a greater knowing of healthiness and disorder, evidence-based wisdom, potent treatments, and higher wellbeing and fitness results for ladies and males. Gender drugs, which makes a speciality of the influence of gender on human body structure, pathophysiology, and medical good points of illnesses, stimulates new methods of doing learn via contemplating intercourse and gender in any respect degrees of research, from easy study into gene polymorphisms to wellbeing and fitness habit.
This e-book depicts one South Indian village throughout the fifty-year interval while women’s schooling grew to become a possibility—and then a fact. regardless of illiteracy, non secular ritual marking them as inferior, and pre-pubertal marriages, the daughters and granddaughters of the silent, passive ladies of the Sixties have morphed into assertive, self-confident millennial ladies.
- Young People and Pornography: Negotiating Pornification (Critical Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Culture)
- Critical Perspectives on Masculinities and Relationalities: In Relation to What? (Crossroads of Knowledge)
- Praeger Guide to the Psychology of Gender
- Race and the Education of Desire: Foucault’s History of Sexuality and the Colonial Order of Things
- The Languages of Sexuality
Additional resources for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio